The steps required to enter DFU Mode for the iPhone 8 are different compared to an iPhone that has a real home button. Below are the steps needed to Enter the DFU Mode in iPhone 8 and iPhone 8Plus.
Enter DFU Mode On iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
DFU Mode (Default Firmware Update) can be described as an advanced restore and recovery mode that permits iPhone to connect via iTunes without the boot loader active activating on your device.
This allows for greater control over the device as well as access to more advanced functions such as updating firmware or downgrading it or recovering a device that has been jailbroken.
Before proceeding with the steps required to enter DFU Mode to use DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus You must remember that DFU Mode completely erases all data off your iPhone.
NOTE: DFU Mode is not recommended for devices that is able to show internal damage as a result of the impact of a fall or a collision or water damage.
Steps to Enter DFU Mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
The steps are below on how to start DFU mode to DFU mode on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. Plug iPhone into computer and then open iTunes.
2. Quickly, press and release the Volume Up button. Then Release and press the volume down button.
3. Immediately, press and hold the Side button (ON/OFF button).
4. As the screen goes black, press the Side button, then press while holding the volume down button.
5. After 5 seconds After 5 seconds, release the Side button, and then press the volume down button until you get the ‘iTunes identified the iPhone that is in Recovery Mode’ appear on your PC.
6. Immediately, release the Volume Down button, and your iPhone will now be placed in DFU Mode (Black Screen).
NOTE: The screen of iPhone should be black in the event that you’ve been successful in DFU Mode. If you do not, repeat the steps until you see an entirely black screen.
7. On your computer Click OK on the “iTunes has detected the pop-up’ and you’ll see options to Restore iPhone. Click the Restore iPhone button to start the process of recovering iPhone.
Once the Restore process has been finished, iPhone will start with the Hello screen. This will allow you to configure your iPhone as a New Device or restore your iPhone from backup.
How to Exit DFU Mode On iPhone
After your iPhone is restored using DFU mode, your iPhone will be able to automatically exit DFU mode.
If you’ve entered DFU Mode in error You can comply with the instructions below for exiting DFU Mode in the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
1. Press the Volume Up button on your iPhone and release it quickly.
2. Next, press the Volume Down button, then immediately let it go.
3. Finally, press and hold the Power Button (ON/OFF), until you can see an white Apple logo appear onto the display on your iPhone.
You’ll exit DFU Mode in the moment you get that the Apple Logo appearing on your screen.