In this article, we will discuss how to delete Amazon order history and maintain secrecy about your Amazon order history. An Amazon account gives access to its different products. Therefore, nowadays, it is a prevalent practice that more than one user shares an Amazon account. In this scenario, all your purchase history or order history from the shopping app becomes open.
The other users who share the same account can see all your shopping details. Public access to this information can raise a privacy issue and sometimes spoil a surprise planned among friends. Therefore knowing how to delete Amazon order history can save you all this trouble. To follow instructions in this regard, you have to log in to the portal Amazon.com. It’s preferable if you use a computer or laptop for this job.
How do you hide your orders while using an Amazon Household Account?
Amazon Household Accounts are an excellent way for Prime members to hide their purchases from family members. With this account, you can share Prime benefits with one other adult and teens and children in your household. This account gives you access to exclusive deals and discounts, as well as free shipping on millions of items. You can also create a shared family calendar and share photos with your loved ones. So, an Amazon Household Account is the perfect solution if you’re looking for how to delete Amazon order history.
A Household Account is a great way to keep your purchase history, recommendations, and lists private and separate from teens and kids. Both adults still have the advantage of sharing select Amazon Prime benefits and digital content through a Family Library. A Household Account also allows you to set up different payment methods for other family members. The Amazon Household Account is a great way to keep track of spending and ensure that everyone contributes to household expenses. Overall, a Household Account is an excellent way how to delete Amazon order history. It also allows you to manage your family’s Amazon account and keep your personal information private.
In an Amazon Household account, you can add up to 10 members following the below-mentioned conditions:
- You will have to have a minimum of two adults, 18 years or above. Both of them must have Amazon accounts of their own.
- Out of the 10 profiles, a maximum of 4 profiles can be for teens. A maximum of 4 profile holders can be aged 13-17.
- Out of the 10 profiles, a maximum of 4 profiles can be for children. A maximum of 4 profile holders can be of age 12 or below.
How do you hide your Amazon orders without using your Prime Account?
Prime membership gives you access to several perks, including free two-day shipping and streaming Prime Video. It also comes with the downside of adding your activity to Amazon’s vast database. If you’re concerned about privacy, there are still some options available. How to delete Amazon order history can be a bit dicey. You can archive orders so they’re no longer visible in your order history.
Again, you can hide your browsing history from being tracked; change your shipping address to a PO Box or an Amazon Locker. This way, you can take advantage of Amazon’s Subscribe & Save program. It lets you set up recurring deliveries of items with the option to cancel at any time. While these steps won’t make you completely invisible to Amazon, they can help add a layer of privacy to your account activity. It is a way how to delete Amazon order history.
How to Archive your Orders on Amazon?
Often, when an item is no longer needed, the first instinct is to delete it. Then most people look for how to delete Amazon order history. However, this might not be the best action depending on the situation. For instance, many businesses use orders to keep track of inventory. If an item is deleted from an order, it will no longer be visible on the default order page. However, it will still show up if someone searches for it specifically.
In contrast, archiving an item hides it from the default order page but does not delete it completely. Archiving can be helpful if you want to keep track of a thing for future reference. It lets you not clutter up your current orders. Deleting or archiving an item depends on your specific needs and preferences. Following are the steps how to delete Amazon order history:
- Log in to your account on Amazon and click on the option Returns & Orders. You will find this option on the right side of the menu bar.
- Once the page is directed, scroll down to the items you want to hide. Afterward, select the option Archive Order on the bottom left of the screen. You can archive up to 100 items. Use the feature “Search” to find multiple items on your order page.
- When you select the archive button, a window will pop open up. It will ask you if you want to archive the selected orders. After you archive, the items will immediately go invisible from the history page.
- If you want to check any items from the archived list, go to Accounts & Lists in the menu. After that, go to Your Accounts. On that page, you will find a link for Archived orders which takes you into their details!
These are the steps for how to delete Amazon order history or archive it. To restore the archived orders, you have selected “Unarchive Order.”
It is straightforward how to delete Amazon order history. But there is some crucial technicality. It is not likely that you can delete the order history. You can only hide them from someone who wants to sneak a peek. Using an Amazon Household Account is a way out. Also, you can go for archiving or changing delivery locations. Amazon Lockers are also a good option for how to delete Amazon order history.