Smartphones and tablets are excellent devices for children to learn and play. But, not every online content is suitable for children and you might want to block websites on Android phone or tablet.
Block Websites on Android Phone or Tablet
Contrary to iOS and Android, unlike iOS, Android operating system doesn’t make it simple to block websites using Settings menu.
The only way to stop websites from being blocked that are blocked on the Android Phone or Tablet is to install applications from the Google Play Store that have specially designed to accomplish this.
The most viewed applications that allow you to block websites is “Mobile Security & Antivirus” by Trend Micro. Apart from being able to stop websites and websites altogether, this app by Trend Micro also allows you to create powerful Parental Controls.
Mobile Security & Antivirus App By Trend Micro
The first step to block websites that are blocked on your Android tablet or smartphone is to install an app known as Mobile Security & Antivirus.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Phone or tablet
2. Next search for Trend Micro.
3. Download the app named Mobile Security & Antivirus to your Android tablet or phone
Block Websites on Android Phone
After you have downloaded the “Mobile Security & Antivirus” app is installed and downloaded to your device, you’re ready to block any websites and set parental settings for you Android Phone or Tablet.
1. Open Mobile Security & Antivirus application for either your Android smartphone or tablet
2. Next, tap on the Safe Surfing option (See the image below)
3. Tap on the Blocked List icon, located on right at the bottom of the screen (See the image below)
4. On the next screen, click on Add
5. From the pop-up click on the URL of the website, in the field for the website address, and type its name in the Name field. site in the Name field.
6. Tap on Save to add the site in your list of blocked websites.
Repeat the steps from 4 to 6 to add additional websites you might want to include in Block List on the Android device.
Set up Parental Controls on Android Phone
As we mentioned previously as well, as mentioned earlier, the Trend Micro app also allows users to set up Parental Controls. To enable this, you’ll be required to sign up for your own Free Trend Micro Account by using your email.
1. Open the Mobile Security & Antivirus application for your Android device
2. Next tap on the Safe Surfing option.
3. Turn on the Parental Controls option on the next screen.
4. On the next screen, click on the Create an Account link.
5. On the next screen you will need to input your email address, name , and country.
6. Next, you will need to sign in through your email address in order to verify that you have a Trend Micro Account.
7. Once your Account is verified, you can enable Parental Controls by toggling ON the option again.
8. Enter your password when asked to do so
9. Depending on the age of your children, click on the Child, Preteen or Teen options to set up parents’ controls suitable for the age range that your child is a part of.